ISO management standards
ISO 9001- QMS
ISO 9001 (Quality Management System) is the most popular international standard that provides guidance to the definition of the quality management system. It explains how a company should control its activities as efficiently as possible and concentrate on the question of how a company should be set in order to meet customer requirements.
ISO 9001 helps companies to improve customer satisfaction, reduce costs and operate more efficiently with motivated and interested employees.
ISO 9001 ISO 9001 is comprised out of eight principles:
• Focus on clients - it is necessary to understand the current and potential client’s needs. It is necessary to meet and preferably even surpass the expectations and desires of customers.
• Leadership - leaders should direct the organization on track and should create an atmosphere where all employees will be involved in the pursuit of common goals
• Involvement of employees - human resources are the essence of each company and their involvement at all levels is crucial
• Process approach - the desired results will be achieved more effectively if all activities and available resources are viewed as a process.
• System approach to management - when the processes are identified, understood and viewed as a system contributes to increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of business operations
• Continuous improvement - continuous improvement of the entire business enterprise must be a permanent task and to constantly work on it
• Factual approach to decision making - making the right decisions based on analysis of data and information
• Mutual satisfaction with suppliers - companies and its suppliers are dependent on each other and mutual cooperation enhances the opportunity for value creation on both sides.
ISO 14001 - EMS
Standard ISO 14001 (Environmental Management Systems) defines the requirements for environmental management. In order to fulfill these requirements and gained a prerequisite for certification of this standard is necessary to maintain documentation in order to have proof of operations in accordance with the standards and their respect.
Standard ISO 14001 is applicable to all organizations, regardless of their size and activity and is a management tool that serves to:
• Identify and control the impact of business operations on the environment that the company directly and indirectly causes
• Improving relations to environment
• Systematic approach that will improve the attitude towards environmental protection and ensure necessary documentation as evidence for the achievement of the objectives
The benefits of implementing ISO 14001 standard are:
• Reducing the negative effects of operations on the environment
• Avoiding the risk of ecological disaster
• A systematic approach to intervention due to unintended consequences
• Competitive advantage
• Building a positive (greener) image
• Opening of the new possibilities of engaging in markets where the necessary license for green business
• Recycling of waste and better use of natural resources
• Gaining ECO conscious clients thanks to “green” reputation
• Compliance with applicable regulations
ISO 45001 (OHSAS 18001) - Occupational Health & Safety Assessment Series
OHSAS 18001 (Occupational Health & Safety Assessment Series) presents the guidelines that are necessary to meet the demands of management systems for health and safety at work.
The increasing need to provide a safe environment for employees led to the creation of OHSAS 18001, which demands organizations to create a healthy and safe working environment. The introduction of this standard will not only be to objectively improve the safety of the working environment, but also to build a positive image of the company as someone who cares about the welfare of their employees. The emphasis of this standard is placed on pro-activity when it comes to occupational accidents and prevention of them.
Main goal of this system is reflected in the creation of a healthy and safe work environment, and this is reflected within the organization as follows:
• Preventive approach when a work injury in is question
• Allows for timely and correct decision of the organization if an injury occurs
• Compliance with legal requirements and continuous improvement of security
• Project positive image of the organization
• Increased motivation and satisfaction within the organization
• The possibility of expanding cooperation with organizations that put emphasis on health and safety at work
ISO 27001 - IMS
ISO 27001 (Information Security Management Systems) is a standard for system protection and information security.
Information has become the largest value and advantage that one company can have over the competition and is therefore extremely important that the right information is protected and preserved. There comes to the fore ISO 27001 standard, because it provides a comprehensive set of controls that are derived from the best practices of information security, and are based on confidentiality, integrity and availability. ISO 27001 standard introduces a process approach to the establishment, implementation, monitoring, auditing, maintenance and improvement of systems for the protection and security of data.
Competitiveness, security and gaining the trust of customers, it is necessary to perform successfully in today's market. This is exactly what allows the standard ISO 27001. Other benefits of this standard are:
• Provides customers and suppliers a higher level of confidence in your company, knowing that the information that will be exchanged is safe
• Indicates the credibility and reliability
• Allows your company to safely save and store confidential information
• Prevents data loss, and so therefore the risk of loss of reputation and loss of customers due to lack of trust
• Compliance with applicable regulations
• The possibility of expanding operations at international level because this is the standard international character and is globally recognized
ISO 50001 - EnMS
ISO 50001 (Energy Management Systems) standard is designed to be the most important standard for energy management.
ISO 50001 enables organizations to expand environmental responsibility towards management of energy resources and energy consumption. As such, it represents a major component of energy management and its consumption, which respects all harsher legislation in this area. In addition, costs are reduced for all that expensive energy and focuses on reducing emissions of carbon dioxide (CO2).
ISO 50001 Standard provides an opportunity for organizations and companies by applying technical and management strategies to increase energy efficiency, reduce costs and minimize the negative impact on the environment. Standard is applicable to any type of organization that wants to effectively manage energy use and its efficiency.
Implementation of standard benefits:
• Better use of equipment that uses energy
• Control and reduce energy costs
• Provides assessment, measuring, documenting and reporting on the progress made and the impact on greenhouse gas emissions
• Transparent management of energy resources
• Implementation of new energy-efficient technologies and its validation
• The credibility of public awareness about energy
ISO 55001 - Asset management
ISO 55001 (Asset management) is the management system for assets which organization has for its disposal. By assets we mean:
1. Natural resources
2. Human Resources
3. Information resources
4. Financial resources
5. Intangible assets (patents, intellectual property, image ...)
The sole aim of ISO 55001 is the strategic planning and management of the aforementioned categories of assets. This includes planning for procurement of resources, their usage and maintenance, then serviceability and its price as well as the possibility of complaints and the write-off of assets.
By applying this standard, organization acquires the ability to strategically manage assets throughout their lifecycle. The organization acquires additional value by:
• Gaining satisfied customers through improved control of their products/services
• Continuously improving its business strategic planning of its resources
• Improving the image of the organization as a result of conscientious business and attention to the safety of employees, the environment ...
• Much more organized procurement function within the organization with clearly defined criteria.